The Awesome Indies are looking for short stories for their upcoming anthology. Submissions are open to anyone. Here are the guidelines:
1. Length: 4500 word maximum with no minimum. Short shorts are as welcome as longer works.
2. Target audience: We want to appeal to a general adult audience.
a. No explicit violence or sex, nothing offensive to any cultural or religious group, nothing encouraging socially inappropriate behavior.
b. Follow the grammar and spelling conventions you are comfortable using. We can include a short note somewhere about our multinational authors.
3. Send submissions to: by July 14, 2014. You may submit as many stories as you like.
4. We prefer stories that have not previously been published and that you don’t intend to publish elsewhere for at least a year, but pre-published stories are acceptable; just let us know where they have been published and make sure that they aren’t under some preexisting agreement for exclusivity. We don’t want stories presently in publication as stand-alone short stories.
5. Payment: All fame and glory accrue to the authors. Awesome Indies will use the remainder for maintenance of the website.
6. Authors who do not already have a book listed on the Awesome Indies site will get priority on our review request list for one of their books.
Have questions? Send them to the submissions address or leave a comment here.